Saturday, February 18, 2006

Little Things

It seems like a lot of Waterbury's problems are caused by bureaucrats from outside the city who have no connection to Waterbury and no reason to care about the harm they cause. The buses don't run past 6 in the evening, and anytime Waterbury residents ask for better bus service, we're told by CT Transit that no one in Waterbury would ride the buses after 6pm.

Now the post office is being slowly shifted to Wallingford. I used to get my paychecks in the mail every other Saturday. Now I get them on every other Monday. My paychecks are put in the mail at a location which is only a ten-minute walk, at most, from my house. But before they can be delivered to me, they have to go to Wallingford, which is a thirty-minute drive. It makes no sense. But I guess that's how bureaucracy works.

No comments: