|Bridgeport Sunday Herald, 6 September 1896|
|Bridgeport Herald, 11 July 1897|
|Bridgeport Herald, 2 September 1900|
|Bridgeport Herald, 14 Aug 1904|
|A.J. Patton, Map of the City of Waterbury, 1909|
The Driving Park got a $400,000 makeover in 1939, when the granite stadium was built and the park was renamed the Waterbury Municipal Stadium. The first event to be held at the Municipal Stadium was the Connecticut State Police Association's annual convention, two days of athletics which included a track meet, a gymnastic exhibition by the Waterbury Turnverein, a girls' softball game, and a parade led by the Mattatuck fife and drum corps.
Municipal Stadium continued to be used for the same functions as its predecessor, the Driving Park. Those activities included competitive sports (even boxing matches), circus performances, and rallies.
|The New London Evening Day, 4 August 1939|
|Hartford Courant, 20 August 1939|
|Hartford Courant, 28 June 1942|
|Bridgeport Sunday Herald, 22 June 1952|