Saturday, August 05, 2006

Cleaning up the mess

Yesterday the excessive heat and humidity finally came to an end with an intense storm at 6:30--torrential downpour, lightening, thunder, gale force winds. I briefly lost power a couple of times, which seemed odd since the storm had finished passing through long before-hand. Around 10pm, I noticed a flashing light out on the street. I peeked out the window and saw a utility guy warning a neighbor not to park too far down the street, but it was too dark for me to see anything else. When I went out this morning, there were small tree branches everywhere in the driveway. And, out on the street, half of a tree was resting on the power lines. There were two orange cones in the street on either end of the danger area.

Shortly after midnight tonight, a very noisy truck and crew pulled up outside. They're now working on cutting the tree out from the power lines. If they're working out there this late at night, more than twenty-four hours after the storm caused the damage, they must have had a lot to clean up elsewhere!


Blurry night shot of the cleanup crew. I really need to learn how to use my camera.

No comments: