Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Interesting...

[update: as noted in the comments on this post, my letter was indeed published in today's paper. I'll try to stop being cranky now.]

On Sunday, I emailed a letter to the editor of the Waterbury Republican-American telling them that Narducci's plan for city hall is ill-conceived and half-baked (to use his own words). Today they ran a letter from someone who supports his plan. I don't care if they run my letter or not, but I do care that they present opposing opinions. I'll give it the rest of the week, but if they don't let their readers see that there is opposition to Narducci's plan, I'm going to get even more riled up than I already am. The Republican-American is always happy to expose corruption in city government, but what's going on in their own offices? What is Narducci's relationship to the newspaper? Why are they trying to push through his plan?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have it on good authority that your letter will run Wednesday. Two letters on the same subject came in the same day, and the editor did not want to run them together. No ulterior motives; if anything, this gives you a "last word" advantage.

Raechel Guest said...

Well, darn, so much for my conspiracy theory. ;)

Thanks for the heads up. Now, of course, I'm going to worry about how hot-headed I was when I wrote the letter. That's the trouble with all this modern technology--everything happens so quickly, that you're committed to a statement before you have time to think better of it.