Friday, July 09, 2010

Tree to a Good Home

When the really bad storm came through on June 24, I wasn't at home, so I can't say if there was a tornado over Wood and Oak Streets. There was one not too far away, over near Bouley Avenue and Wolcott Street (the Rep-Am ran a photo of the funnel cloud the next day).


What I can say is that there was a tree down in front of my house, a tree down to the side of my house, and a tree down in my back yard. By the time I got home that day, the tree in front had been removed (it was blocking the street) except for a 20-foot branch dangling from the power wires. Mysteriously, the tree in my back yard was sawed up into several sections, each about five or six feet in length. All that was left in my yard were small branches and sawdust.

With some help from a friend, I tidied up the tree and its branches into a single pile and waited to see if anyone would come to claim the wood. After all, if someone went to all the trouble of cutting up a tree in my yard, surely they had some interest in taking it for themselves, right?


Two weeks later, and the tree is still out back. I'm not sure what to do with it. Anyone want it? First come, first serve!

No comments: