Monday, February 19, 2007

City Styles

I was in NYC Saturday. Took the subway some of the time, walked the rest. By the end of the day, I was sore. I'm not used to that much walking. The average New Yorker is in much better shape than I am.

In Waterbury, everybody drives to where ever they want to go. I do it myself more often than I would like. It takes me 20 minutes to walk to work, 12 minutes if I drive. I'm a four minute walk from the bus stop, and that bus can drop me off right where I work. But I've never taken the bus.

If I lived in NYC, I would never even consider driving to work. It's funny how different cities have entirely different standards. Of course, part of the reason I don't take the bus is that they stop running just after 6pm. It's entirely useless. If I used the Waterbury bus system, I would have to plan on going home by 6pm.

Today I was all set to walk to work. I was motivated after all that good walking I did in NYC. However, since it is currently 10 degrees outside with a remarkably strong wind, I'm definitely going to drive.

No comments: