Sunday, April 06, 2008

Garden Surprise

Now that I am a home owner and, more significantly for this post, a yard owner, I'm diving into gardening. Last fall I planted bulbs, which seem to all be coming up. Today I went to the Home Despot and purchased more plants for the front yard. Back at home, I started planting four "winter gem boxwoods" along the sidewalk. All was going well until I got to the fourth hole and dug up a well.




The pipe is in the front of the yard and appears to run straight down maybe four or five feet to a larger pipe carrying water. I can only assume this has something to do with the sewer system, but I don't know why there's a pipe with a loose lid in my yard.






In case you're interested, here are a couple shots of my visible gardening efforts so far. I wish I had spaced out the bulbs better, but that can be fixed (as can the porch trellis problem). Eventually, I will get to everything.




No comments: